Hello there! Curious to see who built this? That’s us – Nilambari and Akshata.
The Library of Scroll is a collection of some very cool long-form reads we’ve curated over the years. We release this as one read per day, three days a week.
So far, we’ve picked gems on digital marketplaces, BTS, career choices, Murakami’s running habits… yes, a tad eclectic, isn’t it? We don’t like the idea of having a niche, so we’re blazing ahead with the ambition to leave no genre untouched. As much as we’d like to be unpredictable though, we’re quite bound by what we ultimately choose to read, so our little life stories below might tell you more about that.
Love our picks, have suggestions, want to collaborate or just feel like a chat? Hit us up at libraryofscroll[at]gmail.com – we’re always excited to hear from you!
Hello, I’m Akshata! Things that craft what I read, and so what you’ll see:
- Growing up in two vastly different countries: India and Qatar, and all this time spent figuring out whether shawarmas or samosas feel more like home
- A lifetime of vacations with my nose in a book – typically strange worlds in fantasy fiction, beautifully narrated (auto)biographies, witty chick-lit, and deliciously detailed travel reads
- Four years spent unpacking politics, pop culture, psychology and more as a rookie parliamentary debater in the Indian circuit
- Figuring out what makes businesses tick, be it during frantic discussions with Nilambari on the assigned case (back when we’d sprint out of our dorm for an 8.45 am class), or as a part of my career as a management consultant today
What’s up, I’m Nilambari! Things that craft what I read, and so what you’ll see:
- 18 years spent in a small town called Bhilwara, while dreaming of a world beyond fueled by Doordarshan – with stark memories of adjusting the antenna and shouting “Aaya kya?” – and enjoying the bliss that is doing whatever made me happy, be it quilling or quizzing
- Opening up my long oily braid and letting my hair loose for the first time at LSR, and landing up at the fantastic and more famously Jeff Bezos’ former employer – D.E. Shaw, where I hung out with traders from Tokyo to New York learning about exotic financial instruments
- Climbing the urbanization ladder as I city-hopped (DEL, HYD, AMD, BLR, BOM) and mastering the art of being equally comfortable in a train’s general compartment or a window seat in a packed flight
- Getting amazed by how businesses are built at IIM-A, and experiencing it first-hand as I help fund economic growth & financial inclusion for the under-served and un-served low & middle-class Bharat as a Deputy VP at AU Small Finance Bank