Hello there! Curious to see who built this? That’s us – Nilambari and Akshata.
The Library of Scroll is a collection of some fantastic long-form reads which both of us have curated over the years. We release this as one read per day, three days a week. We aim to leave no genre untouched in these archives, but are quite bound by what we ultimately choose to read: so we’re leaving you with our little life stories which influence our reading styles.
Love our picks, have suggestions, want to collaborate or just feel like a chat? Hit us up at libraryofscroll[at]gmail.com – we’re always excited to hear from you!
Hello, I’m Akshata! Things that craft what I read, and so what you’ll see:
- Growing up in two vastly different countries: India and Qatar, and all this time spent figuring out whether samosas or shawarmas feel more like home
- A lifetime of vacations with my nose in a book – typically strange worlds in fantasy fiction, beautifully narrated (auto)biographies, witty chick-lit, and deliciously detailed travel reads
- Four years spent unpacking politics, pop culture, psychology and more as a rookie debater in the Indian parliamentary debating circuit
- Figuring out what makes businesses tick, be it while rushing for an 8.45 am lecture at IIM Ahmedabad, during my time at Bain & Company, or at my current stint evaluating early stage bets at KA Enterprises.
What’s up, I’m Nilambari! Things that craft what I read, and so what you’ll see:
- 18 years spent in a small town called Bhilwara, while dreaming of a world beyond fueled by Doordarshan – with stark memories of adjusting the antenna and shouting “Aaya kya?” – and enjoying the bliss that is doing whatever made me happy, be it quilling or quizzing
- Opening up my long oily braid and letting my hair loose for the first time at LSR, and landing up at the fantastic and more famously Jeff Bezos’ former employer – D.E. Shaw, where I hung out with traders from Tokyo to New York learning about exotic financial instruments
- Climbing the urbanization ladder as I city-hopped (DEL, HYD, AMD, BLR, BOM) and mastering the art of being equally comfortable in a train’s general compartment or a window seat in a packed flight
- Getting amazed by how businesses are built at IIM Ahmedabad, and experiencing it first-hand as I help fund economic growth & financial inclusion for the under-served and un-served low & middle-class Bharat as a Deputy VP at AU Small Finance Bank